TABS Pages

#Read1040 : My New Reading Challenge

January 22, 2015

Hi. 

** peeks head out from under a rock**

No, really.

HI!!!!!!!!

I haven’t posted a blog in… well… erm, I’ll let you look at the last post and figure it out. :-D
Because it’s embarrassing.

It’s kind of like calling a friend you haven’t talked to in a long time. You were supposed to call them months ago, but… stuff happened, then more stuff, then it’s been two months, and you feel so bad/awkward/embarrassed that you’re almost afraid to ever call them again.

But then you do call. And you are SO GLAD you did because it was SO GREAT to finally chat with them and catch up.

That’s what this feels like.

But I’m back! And I’d like to make my blog more of a priority this year.

Also, I’ve decided to take on a new challenge that I want to share with you.

I’m into my second month of querying agents, and my brain is basically going to explode (more on this later). I have three WIPs going on at once, and I can’t seem to focus on any of them. So I thought instead of beating my head against the keyboard, trying to write THREE BOOKS AT ONCE (I haz problems) maybe I should take a break, and focus my energy on reading.

I went to the library today to pick up a book I had on hold. And I left the library with six more books (I’m not the only one this happens to, right?).



It got me thinking. What if I REALLY dove into reading? Devoted my time to enjoying the hard work of other authors instead of trying to write ALL THE BOOKS AT ONCE. So I decided to make a lofty goal of it. Well, lofty for me.

There are exactly 40 days until the end of February (um, or at least there were when I started this challenge a few days ago). I’d like to read 10 books in 40 days. Perhaps this isn’t so lofty for some of you, but I usually read 2-3 books a month, so this is a push for me, as I’ll need to read 2-3 books a week to stay on top of my goal.

I spent so much time last year focusing on my writing (which was a lot of fun!), that the TBR books on my shelf just kept accumulating like rabbits. No, really, my TBR shelf is ridiculously overflowing.
So, I’m going to give my brain a break and… READ.

I’d love for you to join me.  I’m going to use the twitter hashtag #Read1040 (10 books in 40 days), which is totally nerdy of me, creating my own hashtag. But I’m doing it anyway.

I like nerdy.

My goal is to post a little review after each book. Hopefully this will keep me committed to visiting my own blog on a regular basis. J

I’d love for you to join me!


How about you?

Do you ever set reading goals? How many books do you typically read on a weekly/monthly basis? 

No comments:

Post a Comment