TABS Pages

The Writing Process

July 14, 2013

I've been thinking about my writing process lately, mostly in comparison to other writers. While in the process of writing a novel, things can seem so exhilarating  maddening, depressing, fulfilling (often all within the same day), but most of all ... lonely. 




Also, so often I feel like a nut case. Mostly because my characters have taken over my brain.

If you were to see me driving, you would most definitely see my lips moving as if I were having a conversation. Am I talking to my kids in the backseat? On my phone? No. More often than not, I'm talking to myself. About my story. 



Yeah. I do that a lot. 

Like I said. Nutcase. 

So imagine how thrilled I was to discover... I'm not the only one. 

I stumbled across Kristen Cashore's (author of GRACELING, FIRE, and BITTERBLUE) blog where 
she posts about her writing process:

I felt like a such a kindred spirit! I am not the only one who gets driven to the CRAZY place while working on a manuscript! I find this refreshing, and overwhelmingly comforting. Writing is such a beautifully personal process--there is no wrong way to do it. 

How liberating. 

**sighs* contentedly**

What about you? What is your writing process? Do you have word count goals or set other personal deadlines? Do you have a special writing place?



No comments:

Post a Comment